Financial credit to the Kyrgyz Republic
Budget support and/or balance-of-payments support
On 5 March 2022, the Council of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development (EFSD) approved the provision of a financial credit to the Kyrgyz Republic in the amount of US $160 million.
The objective of the project is to provide budget support in 2022 and 2023 to finance activities to mitigate key short-term risks to fiscal sustainability, as well as to implement measures aimed at creating conditions for achieving sustainable economic growth, including priority structural and institutional transformations in the energy, transport, financial, and budget sectors.
The financing will contribute to the achievement of the following results:
- Maintaining macroeconomic stability;
- More efficient public finance management;
- More efficient tax administration;
- Digital economy boosting;
- Improved efficiency of road infrastructure repair planning and financing;
- Transparency and accountability of the energy sector.