Request for expressions of interest (consulting services, firms selection) | 14.02.2022
February 14, 2022
Country: Republic of Armenia
Name of Project: North-South Road Corridor Investment Program -Tranche 4
Assignment Title: Construction supervision of about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit (Tranche 4)
Reference No.: T4-CS-04
1. The Republic of Armenia has received a loan from the Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) in the framework of the North-South Road Corridor Investment Program (Program) toward the cost of the Program, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services under the contract for Construction supervision of about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit (Tranche 4).
“North-South Road Corridor Investment Program” is a major infrastructure project (here after NSRCIP project) which aims at connecting the Southern border of the country with its Northern point by means of 556 km-long Meghri-Yerevan-Bavra highway by reducing it to about 85 km and reaching up to 470 km.
2. The Client, represented by its project implementation unit “Road Department” FUND, acting under the Agency Agreement signed between the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure of Republic of Armenia of Republic of Armenia and “Road Department” FUND, hereby invites eligible consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the services for Construction supervision of about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit (Tranche 4) (the Services).
The Consulting Firm (hereafter: the Consultant) shall carry out all construction supervision activities for Tranche 4 (about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit) Works’ contract in compliance with the requirements of international standards and best practices for highway construction. The civil works are executed using FlDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (Multilateral Development Bank Harmonized Edition, 2010, Pink Book). The Consultant will take over all the powers, responsibilities and responsibilities entrusted to "Engineer" within the framework of the Contract for construction work. Planned duration of Civil Works (Defects Notification Period (DNP) excluded): 36 (thirty-six) months from the date of signing of construction contract. Defects Notification Period (DNP) will be 365 (three hundred sixty-five) days calculated from the date on which Civil Works is completed as certified by Taking-over Certificate. The Consultant will carry out all construction supervision activities for civil works for Tranche 4 (about 32 km road section from Agarak to tunnel exit) under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, MDB Harmonized Edition, June 2010 (Pink Book), as well as in accordance with Armenian legislation. The Consultant will monitor the performance of the Tranche 4 (about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit) works contract and ensure compliance with all social and environmental requirements and the requirements of design solutions. The Consultant must adhere to the scope of the civil works contract as defined in the specifications and bills of quantities.
Following documents shall be submitted along with the EOI application by all the Consulting Firms including JV firms.
- Certificates of incorporation or Registration of the consulting firm.
- Company Profile.
3. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
The consulting firms must provide information on similar assignments/projects implemented in the past giving a brief description of each assignment/project, the funding source(s), amount of contract and information on the employer.
The shortlisting criteria are:
a) General experience - Participation of the Consultant in road construction/rehabilitation projects (Participation in IFI funded road projects within the last 10 years),
b) Project Related Experience - Similar experience of the Consultant in providing Technical Supervision services of road construction/rehabilitation works (number of similar contracts within the last 5 years).
c) Overall assessment of company’s staffing arrangements and capacity (available permanent staff, portfolio of ongoing projects).
d) Consultant, including JV firms, must have been legally registered for at least ten (10) years on the deadline for submission of this EOI.
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the Consultant Guidelines setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. Experience and Qualification of other structural part of participating firms, whether parent or subsidiary firm, will not be considered for evaluation. Likewise, qualification and experience of the consulting firm associated as a sub-consultancy will not be considered for evaluation for shortlisting.
6. All submittals from the consulting firms shall be in English language.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines (Chapter 2 of Guidelines ”Selection and employment of consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits & grants by World Bank borrowers” published on January 2011, revised July 2014). With the winning Consultant will be concluded time-based contract for Construction supervision of about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit (Tranche 4).
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 10:00 to 17:00 hours.
9. Expressions of Interest must be delivered in two printed copies to the address mentioned below or by e-mail in the Adobe PDF format on or before 18:00 hrs local time on March 16, 2022. If submitting offline, submission shall be made in closed envelope and the title shall be "Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consulting Services: Construction supervision of about 32 km road from Agarak to tunnel exit (Tranche 4)".
“Road Department” Fund
Attn: Mr. G. Avetisyan, Executive Director
Republic Square, Government House 3, 1st Floor
Yerevan, 0010, Armenia
Tel: +374 (10) 542-176
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com