Request for expressions of interest (amended) (consulting services – individual consultant selection)
COUNTRY: Republic of Armenia
NAME OF PROJECT: North-South Road Corridor Investment Program-Tranche 4
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: Third Party Environmental Monitoring Expert
REFERENCE NO.: Т4-CS-06
27 November, 2023
The Republic of Armenia has received a loan from the Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) out of Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development toward the cost of the North-South Road Corridor Investment Program-Tranche 4 and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: The expert, hired intermittently for the whole duration of the project’s construction phase, will visit the project area as required to undertake an independent assessment of the EMP implementation in the course of the civil works to be done by Contractor, particularly during construction at the project sites and construction activities causing significant environmental risks in vicinity of protected areas (as new road construction sites entering and road section crossing specially protected area – Arevik national park of the Zangezur Biosphere Complex SNCO).
It is expected that this assignment will start in March-April 2024. The expected input is 10 person-months intermittently, specifically during construction works with high potential of significant environmental impacts.
The “Road Department” Fund (Client) now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide Expressions of interest (detailed CVs) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Academic background including a master's degree in relevant field;
- Working experience in biodiversity monitoring, environmental management, monitoring and environmental impacts assessment in similar projects preferably in developing countries (at least 10 years);
- Experience of carrying out similar projects activities preferably in the road infrastructure sector and elaboration of environmental monitoring reports (at least 7 years).
- Knowledge of environmental safeguards policies and procedures, reporting requirements of the international donor organizations such as ADB or WB or other similar ones;
- Regional/Country Experience.
An Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Selection of Individuals Consultants” method set out in the Consultant Guidelines (“Selection and employment of consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits & grants by World Bank borrowers” published on January 2011, revised July 2014).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during 10:00 to 17:00 office hours (local time).
Expressions of interest (with CVs) must be delivered in a written form in English to the address mentioned below in person, or by e-mail in the Adobe PDF format on or before 15 January 2024, 18:00 (Yerevan time).